Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tie One On Tuesday



Today is National Teddy Bear day, which is a little frightening to me. I love teddy bears, but I can think of all sorts of things that can go wrong with National Teddy Bear Day...like real bears could pose as teddy bears and attack. Dude, it could happen. I saw it in a cartoon once. Anyhoo, before I go off on a wild tangent about bears attacking us, let's have a few cocktails to celebrate. 

It seems like nowadays the martini has been taken everywhere. You name it, there is a martini for and the teddy bear is no exception. This recipe is adapted from Difford's Guide

The Teddy Bear Tini
1 1/2 ounces of pear liqueur
3/4 ounce of apple schnapps
1 1/2 apple juice
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
Blend in a shaker with ice and strain into a martini glass. 

I've been searching everywhere for some teddy bear cocktails and they all seem so random to me. I keep thinking that the people who made them up were either thinking that after you drink the cocktail, your mouth will be furry like a bear or maybe bears taste like beer. Either way, a Teddy Bear Cocktail is very simple and quick to make. 

Teddy Bear Cocktail (this isn't really a cocktail, it's a shot)
1/2 ounce of root beer schnapps
1/2 ounce vodka 
Layer the root beer and the vodka then slam that baby down your gullet. 

Last on the list is something that, after drinking a few, you will feel like you could take on a grizzly bear with your bare hands! ARRRRGGGGHHH! Okay, maybe it will just feel like a grizzly bear stepped on your head. 

The Grizzly Bear 
1 ounce almond liqueur
1 ounce jagermeister
1 ounce kahula 
 2 1/2 ounces milk 
Mix and serve over ice. 

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize there were so many bear related drinks out there. I guess our love for the teddy bear reaches further than just the tiny little guy who kept us safe from the monsters under the bed. Celebrate your favorite bear today with these yummy cocktails. Enjoy! 






1 comment:

Mad said...

Teddy Bear Tini sounds delicious! Must investigate what's in my drinks cabinet...